Tuesday 4 September 2012

A vintage bridalwear photoshoot & a friendship with Gingermeg

SO last week was a BIT mental. Mainly due to the fabulous Love My Dress featuring a photoshoot that I was involved in.

I met Virginia of Gingermegs Vintage (who by the way has a brilliant facebook page filled with amazing, and gorgeous photos. You NEED to like it!) back in May when I took part in a shoot with The Vintage Hen House to promote their Mad Men Hen Party Package. Virginia was supplying all the outfits for the shoot and I got to play dress up in front of the camera. I instantly loved Virginia. She's so funny and was so in love with her job, completely immersed in a world of real vintage.

The photographer at that shoot was Nicola of Daffodil Waves. With a mutual love of Curried Goat, we hit it off straight away. And making us look beautiful were Claudia of Butterfly Styling and Emily Jayne of Emily Jayne Image Consultancy

Shortly after the shoot I spoke with Virginia about rebranding her business and making it work harder for her, now that I'd seen what she was really about. A few weeks later, Gingermegs had a brand new logo and sign hanging outside the new shop. This was the start of a lovely friendship.

Photography: Beautiful Bird Creations via Instagram

We had such a fabulous time at the Mad Men shoot that Virginia called us all back together a couple of months later to help promote her new (and utterly fabulous) range of bridal gowns. She was filling up on stock and in talks about having a new premises to house it all. As part of this new shop, she would have a bridal section and she needed a way of shouting to the world and telling everyone that Gingermegs stocked REAL vintage gowns.

So the dream team were back together. Only this time, I wasn't only getting to play dress up, I was providing the floral goodies. Off to the beautiful Birmingham Botanical Gardens we went and the rest, as they say, is history.

All the gorgeous hair wear was courtesy of La Belle Epoque. The items are stunning and can be found at Virginias shop as well as other stockists.

Below are some of my favourite shots from the day.

Enjoy and I'd love to hear what you think.





 And just for fun... Emily Jayne and Claudia just ca't help but get involved! And rightly so the beautiful ladies that they are.

Photography credit: Daffodil Waves

Are you considering a vintage gown for your wedding day? Or did you wear one? I'd love to hear about your dress stories.

Becky
x




1 comment:

  1. I'm loving the deep purple bouquet you made. Those vintage wedding dresses are magnificent!

    xx

    ReplyDelete